<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thevintagevalley.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Vintage Valley: A Floral Obsession...

The Vintage Valley

The personal blog of a vintage & goodwill shopper

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Floral Obsession...

I would say that my style sometimes takes on a pattern.. without me realising usually.. until i look back at outfit posts ive done and im kind of at a loss that i didnt pick up on it sooner...anyway!!! im thinking my transition into Autumn is bringing the florals out of my wardrobe..and since its my favourite season, i dont mind at all really!!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
This vintage dress i found on one of my more successful op shop trips, i found a rack of 1950's original print dresses all with the cutest peter pan collars.... and after listening to the saleslady in the shop tell me about the woman who dropped them off i knew i had to have one..or two..or three of them!! she said that they had been all hand made in the 50's and that the woman was very sad to see them go but knew they would get some renewed love somewhere...ahem!!! i was pretty happy to give them that love...
Photobucket

Photobucket
Although i do love the collar i felt it needed a little bit of extra cuteness, nothing a bow cant fix!!
I havent had my hair done in what feels like a century..so this Saturday that will change yay!!! ive been resorting to curling and pinning it back to try and hide the re-growth (sometimes being Brunette would be so much easier)
Photobucket

Photobucket
So i have been dying to tell you all about St Jeromes Festival that i went to on Saturday with the flatmates..it was a really long day and HOT with tons of people around!!!! but totally awesome...highlights definately were Two Door Cinema club i danced my flats off in a pit of sweaty people but it was worth it, Foals were amazing, The Holidays, Cloud Control and Gotye were all pretty up there... Actually Gotye is pretty gorgeous...and talented he pretty much plays every single instrument on his albums.. (sigh)
Photobucket
So as i said i have a floral theme going on at the moment Aka.. the dress i wore to St Jeromes, i took a quick snap before we left and thought id add it in!! Its really difficult picking outfits for festivals.. (well i find it difficult..) you need something comfy but cute..and wearable shoes too.. but i was thinking i was set on the headband so i worked the outfit around that!!!!

So this week has been pretty manic..kind of finalising things at work (last week next week woohoo) planning flights and organising paperwork for the shop as well as cramming in some time with the family and friends I have a pretty crazy weekend coming up a Hens night and Blogger meet up on Sunday which im super excited about (but i will blog about in length dont worry) as well as finally...finally getting my hair done!!!! ( now im off to get another coffee)

Have a good Wednesday
XX
(Wearing: vintage leaf dress, Vintage belt, Gifted Red Heels, Blue Live Dress, Sportsgirl flower headband)

16 Comments:

Blogger WobiSobi said...

Beautiful Beautiful and Beautiful!

February 15, 2011 at 6:43 PM  
Anonymous Margarita said...

I love the last dress! Actually I love everything but the last one is especially beautiful... your bracelets go very well with the springy flowery colors. :)

February 15, 2011 at 6:54 PM  
Blogger veronika, tick tock vintage. said...

SUCH a gorgeous dress - i love the collar.

February 15, 2011 at 7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

More beautiful dresses. I love them and I love the bow... How come you look cool and gorgeous. I've felt way too hot in Perth lately...

February 15, 2011 at 9:49 PM  
Blogger Carys said...

That dress is amazing!! I love your festival outfit too, you look so nice!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

February 15, 2011 at 11:34 PM  
Anonymous The Velvet Bow said...

That dress is a truly amazing find, I hope you will show us the other ones you got along with it! I also really like your Laneway outfit, very festival but still very you.

Hooray for the blogger meet up on Sunday! I don't have any idea what to wear...

February 16, 2011 at 12:01 AM  
Blogger fashion-odyssey said...

what a lovely dress! you look great.

February 16, 2011 at 1:57 AM  
Blogger Jule said...

You have an amazingly cute style. I love it ;-)

February 16, 2011 at 6:39 AM  
Blogger alexandra grecco said...

so lovely! your red lips make the outfit!

x
alexandra

www.alexandragrecco.etsy.com

February 16, 2011 at 7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The flower print is to die for and the collar is super cute. Love the bow you added in :) What a find!

Sounds like a fun weekend. I am already excited because I got tickets for a festival in a few months time. I've been trying to get their for years but spanners always got in the works somehow. Not this time though :D

February 16, 2011 at 9:57 AM  
Anonymous Chalten said...

This dress must be one of the cutest I´ve ever seen!

February 16, 2011 at 11:06 AM  
Blogger Rebecca Jane said...

Both of these dresses are so lovely! I like the added bow to the first one, the perfect touch!

February 16, 2011 at 1:37 PM  
Blogger Veronika Novotny said...

Absolutely, in love with your dress. It's so beautifully paired with those stunning heels as well. So girly & pretty. I say, yes, to a floral theme. xx veronika

February 16, 2011 at 5:28 PM  
Blogger Ms. Falcon said...

this dress from the 50s is so cute. the floral print is so amazing... i love it to pieces...

http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

February 17, 2011 at 12:17 PM  
Anonymous LeFanciulle said...

Hey!!
It was so great chatting today :)
Your blog is super cute and I completely share your like (looove?) of Gotye. The best is putting his music up full blast when no one's home!! haha
Very cute blog :)
xx S

February 20, 2011 at 4:06 AM  
Blogger Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

I really love florals and think that you look great in them too. This dress in particular is gorgeous. I adore it.

February 24, 2011 at 7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home