<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thevintagevalley.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Vintage Valley: I can dream...

The Vintage Valley

The personal blog of a vintage & goodwill shopper

Thursday, March 22, 2012

I can dream...

When i was growing up i always had an infatuation with the 40's and 50's and...sometimes the 60's (ok ok u get the picture) which all stemmed from my grandfather who was an avid record collector i grew up listening to Ella Fitzgerald, Chubby checker and would spend the afternoons on his farm jumping around the living room to "twist again" so of course the music you listened to influences your style and ultimately shapes you into who you are today!
Photobucket
So if i have anyone to point the finger at for my obsessive op shopping, hoarding of shiny objects, love of vintage cars and record players & vintage clothes it would be my grandfather so thanks pops! its the thing i love most about me and im glad he was a part in making me realise how much i love it.

This however is not a post in ode to him it is for me to show you this picture.....take a moment stare at it and imagine you are sitting on that stripy pink chair on the balcony sipping on lemonade and planning your next road trip in your amazing car! Perfection!!.....it is on my list! trust me!! so if you see me one day driving past in a convertible chevvy, aqua with white interior (ive had time to dream about this car) i have either stolen it (won lotto) or ill be about 70 years old! but im sure i can have some things on my wish list that are simply dreams!

Image courtesy of Flickr

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger MissKait said...

omg i can totally image how lovely that would be!
it looks like the most heavenly place to relax!

xo kaitlin
kaitgirl

March 22, 2012 at 6:09 PM  
Blogger Chloe and Alicia said...

The house and that car are adorable. How amazing would it be to live there?
-Alicia

March 22, 2012 at 7:13 PM  
Blogger Carys said...

That picture is so beautiful, I wish I had that house and car! This post is lovely!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

March 22, 2012 at 7:35 PM  
Blogger RubyUoGInternship said...

wow, amazing picture! I think a house like that is going on my 'never gunna happen but a girl can dream' wishlist! x

March 23, 2012 at 1:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

that is my dream home too!

xo,
steffy
http://steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com

March 23, 2012 at 9:02 AM  
Blogger Emma Litton said...

Ohh that would be so amazing to have a car like that.

xo,
Em

March 23, 2012 at 7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home