<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thevintagevalley.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Vintage Valley: Studio Sneak Peek...

The Vintage Valley

The personal blog of a vintage & goodwill shopper

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Studio Sneak Peek...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket I spent my Saturday putting together this Ikea desk! and id have to say i am pretty proud that i didn't have a screaming "i can't do this" fit and managed to use every nail (normally i finish an Ikea piece and end up with a few random nails and im left wondering hmmm where were these supposed to go!) i spent so long looking for the perfect vintage desk i even almost had one only to be outbid at the last minute (sob) after several desk heartbreaks i took a look at my sad sad empty studio and decided to just suck it up and go to Ikea!

I am a little daft sometimes and head into things usually with extreme positivity (which usually makes for good stories later) Of course i can go to Ikea and lift two heavy flat packs by myself onto a trollie and it will definately fit into my tiny Getz through the passenger side (the manly Ikea helper looked at me like i was crazy when i told him to think of it like tetris)...and of course i can drive home mostly in fourth gear because the flat pack is squashing my gear stick! But lo and behold it was done!!!

After all this i figured i would share a few snaps of the newly organised studio, The drum was mine as a child and i have managed to drag it around with me in semi-good nick, im hoping to do a little DIY on it later on...It is definately a work in progress and i cant wait to get a fancy rug and a few more pictures for the walls but im pretty in love with it so far XX

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger LYCHII said...

If you were the one putting this together yourself, then you already get props from me! Amazing job and I love the whole feel of the place! It looks very intimate and just screams personality.Love it!

October 7, 2012 at 8:56 PM  
Blogger kaylah said...

Love this so so so much! It looks so cozy in there.

October 8, 2012 at 3:47 AM  
Blogger Dulce Moonchild said...

oh my, i love your studio so much :)

October 8, 2012 at 6:04 AM  
Anonymous Chante' said...

I love ikea!! great pick

October 8, 2012 at 6:49 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

This is so beautiful! You have a real eye for this!

Becky
xx

October 8, 2012 at 11:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

it looks adorable!

Xo,
steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

October 8, 2012 at 5:23 PM  
Blogger Ally said...

Thank you hun :) it is rather cosy xxx

October 8, 2012 at 6:49 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

This is too adorable! I love the drum you are sitting on. I also love your hair in this, I wish I could part my hair down the middle (darn cowlick!). I'm so glad I found your blog =]
broken-into-beautiful.blogspot.com

October 9, 2012 at 3:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I want your studio! Don't know what I would use the studio for JUST yet, but yours looks SO pretty and it makes me want one :-p

x Mon
mon-is-me.blogspot.com

October 10, 2012 at 6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha! Great post Ally :) Came here after reading your exciting ModCloth post and couldn't help but leave my two cents here, as I too have recently put together two bedside tables from Ikea (although I had assistance at the store with the flat pack lifting!). I am STILL looking for my perfect vintage desk for my crafting corner...

Anyway, your studio looks great! And well done on your Ikea success - the furniture may feel slightly less 'soulful' than a vintage piece, but it's what you put on and around it that make the place unique and wonderful! :)

October 11, 2012 at 2:14 AM  
Blogger Zoë Winters said...

Pretty pretty! :) Love your space! x

October 21, 2012 at 7:35 AM  
Blogger Michelle {Jarrah Jungle} said...

If you can put together Ikea furniture you can do anything! I love your studio it is so feminine you have put a real girly touch to the space, must be such a peaceful place to work :)

October 22, 2012 at 5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home