<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thevintagevalley.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Vintage Valley: Finer Details..

The Vintage Valley

The personal blog of a vintage & goodwill shopper

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Finer Details..

 photo _MG_0143_zps09288f7a.jpg

 photo _MG_0147_zps936a9050.jpg

 photo _MG_0142_zps2778571a.jpg

 photo _MG_0146_zps465a372a.jpg
Well i would have to say my weekend was full on but amazing all the same! I ate far too much banana bread, drank delicious coffee caught up with friends for tiki bar drinks and ended with a bang by spending up at the Vintage Vixens and Vamps market on Sunday. I went by myself because i really wanted to get in and spend some quality time sifting through the racks and even though there were some amazing pieces i would have gladly pulled my poor credit card out for i managed to control myself and only walk out with a few items!

This amazing top was a steal at $15 and i am so in love with the detailing. I will however admit it takes time to actually put on as the loops and buttons are tricky. I was trying not to go cross-eyed while hooking them together (but its worth the effort i would say) the neckline is divine!!

For some reason i am so drawn to yellow clothes...i think it may be because it reminds me of one of the most humbling things a friend ever told me, after asking her if buying a yellow bycicle was a good idea she stated "of course! When i think of you i think of sunshine" its funny how those compliments always seem to stick! Whenever i feel a little dull her comment always pops into my head.

I hope you all had a swell weekend too filled with pastries, giggles and tea!

(Wearing: Vintage top, Vintage skirt, Faux flower)

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Falcon said...

good that you bought this blouse. it's such a special and gorgeous piece. wow ... and what a steal!

May 27, 2013 at 12:58 AM  
Blogger Melodie said...

My friend said the same thing to me one day and I have to admit it, it was the best compliment I have ever had!
Everytime I feel a little "down", I think about that compliment...And I smile!
And also, you look gorgeous in yellow dear Ally! ;-)
Have a wonderful week full of adventures and beautiful clothes!
xoxo
Melodie
http://sevenlivesandmore.blogspot.fr/

May 27, 2013 at 3:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ah, vintage shopping is always best done alone.....I was reminded of this recently when a friend came with me to a vintage fair :)
I also have a number of awkward to put on items, fortunately they are worth the effort though!
Emma ( Dear Thirty ) xx

May 27, 2013 at 5:47 AM  
Anonymous Tasha said...

Gorgeous top! What a great find! xxx

www.couronnedefleurs.net

May 27, 2013 at 8:13 AM  
Blogger Ladies in Navy said...

gorgeous skirt!
kw ladies in navy

May 27, 2013 at 10:10 AM  
Blogger Ally said...

Isnt it lovely! It really is a sweet compliment! xx

May 27, 2013 at 6:17 PM  
Blogger Natalie Suarez said...

so beautiful babe! u always are a classic beauty! x

natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

May 27, 2013 at 9:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You look lovely - grey and yellow together are my favourite right now! :) Do you ever have days where you put on jeans and a t-shirt? Or do you have lots of really good pieces so you don't ever have to resort to such a boring outfit? I'm only asking because I was thinking how much I love your style, and yet again yesterday I found myself throwing on a pair of jeans. I wonder if it takes time to change your mindset and if you had to make a conscious effort to plan ahead etc?

Flora
www.twowithseven.blogspot.co.uk

May 28, 2013 at 3:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This top is definitely super pretty! I love the sunshiny color and the style of the neckline. The big flower in your hair is adorable too.

June 1, 2013 at 9:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a beautiful blouse! Love the colour and those details are gorgeous! xx

June 2, 2013 at 12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home