<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thevintagevalley.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Vintage Valley: Frankie 100...

The Vintage Valley

The personal blog of a vintage & goodwill shopper

Monday, May 19, 2014

Frankie 100...

A few weeks ago i was lucky to be filmed dancing in the Perth Swing Dance Academy Frankie 100 video!

Every year New York hosts their annual Frankie Lindy Hop exchange and crazed dancers flock from all over the world to celebrate the birthday of Frankie Manning, who was one of the founding fathers of Lindy Hop.

I have read many biographies on this great man and still find myself in awe of how much happiness he brought the world through his love of dance! If i close my eyes i can almost envision myself dancing at the Savoy Ballroom in the 30's...if only right?

I hope you all enjoy watching my lanky limbs hop all over the place! And if you have ever wanted to give Swing Dancing a go and live in Perth...i insist you click HERE!


"When you are dancing with your partner, for that two and a half minutes, you are in love with each other. You're corresponding with each other by the moves that you make. It's a love affair, between you and your partner and the music. You feel the music, you feel your partner, she feels you and she feels the music. So there the three of you are together. You've got a triangle, you know. Which one do you love best?" -Frankie Manning

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Porcelina said...

This made me smile so much!! Super cute video, you're all so co-ordinated and clever. My other half and I tried modern jive and lindybop classes but the modern jive had awful music, and the lindybop was SO HARD!! P x

May 21, 2014 at 4:09 AM  
Blogger Emileigh said...

SO FUN!!! I've done a couple lindy classes, but now this is reminding me of how much I really love it and need to get back into it. This looks like such a great time!

May 21, 2014 at 6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home